This project is made for the support of scholars from other developing countries, to aid them to get a good quality education in the United Kingdom.
The program Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is a combination of two institutions, which are the Commonwealth Commission and the United Kingdom Universities.
This initiative is for self-motivated students who can’t provide for the cost of a full-time postgraduate degree in the United Kingdom. The commission was organized by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Eligibility For The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
The following is the applicant’s eligibility.
- Have citizenship or granted refugee status by an approved Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected individual.
- Permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- You must be available to begin your studies in the UK at the beginning of the United Kingdom academic year.
- You should have a first degree of upper second class (2:1) or a second-class degree and a valid master’s degree.
These countries are eligible for the Commonwealth shared scholarships for post-graduate courses.
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Value Of Scholarships:
- The Commonwealth shared Scholarships cover the following;
- Tuition fees,
- Maintenance/ living cost stipend,
- Return flights,
- Thesis grant,
- Study travel grant (if applicable), and
- One-off arrival allowance.
Eligible Field Of Study:
- MSc International Conflict and Cooperation
- MLitt Publishing Studies
- MSc Financial Technology
- MSc Data Science for Business
- MSc Investment Analysis
- MSc Environmental Management (Conservation)
- MSc Aquatic Veterinary Studies
- MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
Method Of Application
Apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses.
For you to be considered for an award, you must hold an offer of a place at Stirling.
We would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.
Applications have to come through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s online portal, the details are on the CSC’s website in the ‘How to apply section. Also for any other information check their website.